Monday, August 8, 2011

The Juicy Lucy!

So prior to coming out to Minnesota Doug did some research on the state. The most important kind of research is where the best food places are, right? Right. So Doug found out that Minneapolis is famous for the Juicy Lucy, which is a burger molded around American Cheese which melts between the patties. Sounds kinda gross, but let me tell you, a once hater has been converted to the Juicy Lucy. Doug and I started by finding the establishment, Matt's Bar. I have never been in a bar before, so I wasn't sure what to do once we got there. We just stood there and waited for a table to open up. There was only one waitress for the entire bar, and that girl was all over the place taking orders, cleaning tables, delivering food, and leaving bills. She was pretty efficient considering she was the only waitress for the entire bar. 






Doug and I ordered Cherry Cokes while we waited patiently for our burgers. It was cool because even though it was a bar there were still plenty of families there getting their Juicy Lucy's and soda for the kids. Once our burgers finally came the waitress said, "Now, you know about biting into hot cheese right?" Us: "Oh yeah, right, hot cheese, yup." and then you take a bit and YIKES! That American cheese is HOT! Once you let it cool down a bit it is sooo good! I am now addicted. It makes for a fun night out with the husband, and a messy cheesy burger is always fun! Come to Minneapolis and get one, you won't be disappointed.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Bri I'm surprised you are converted to the Juicy Lucy...you were hating on it for awhile. Now, is it better than the Royal Red Robin burger?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto erins comment. i love these little adventures! we need to come visit.

    ReplyDelete