Doug and I had a great weekend. Saturday morning I got early, (sadly not by choice, I am accustomed to waking up early for work) so I decided to make Doug some bacon, eggs and pancakes before he woke up. I started the eggs and cracked them all, neglecting to save two eggs for the pancakes, so we ended up just having the eggs and bacon. It was still delicious. After breakfast, we headed to the gym, worked off all the eggs and bacon, and then headed to the dollar movie theater which is just down the street from our apartment. The theater is just one screen, and has about 1,000 seats. Literally. It is a huge theater, but only has one screen, so you are left with only one show time to choose from for whatever movie you are wanting to see. Also, since the theater is so big, there is a lot of audience noise which includes soda sipping, popcorn ruffling, and candy box shaking. Despite all that, the movie we saw was terrific. Midnight in Paris was a fantastic film and we really enjoyed watching it on a Saturday afternoon. On the way out, we saw a Christmas Tree lot and decided it was a great time to get a tree! We saw the cutest little tree, but decided to pass since we were not sure if our apartment would allow real trees in the building. So to play it safe, we decided to get a fake tree at Target! We got a 6 foot fake tree, stocked up on ornaments, and I even bought a pine tree candle to burn to give the feeling like the tree is real :)
Here is our first Christmas tree, all bare
This is what makes our tree "real". Smells JUST like a real tree!
We got strands of beads and ornaments to decorate the tree
Doug is actually really good at decorating the tree. I am sure he had a ton of practice growing up!
Here is the finished product! Just missing the star on top!
So Doug and I have our first tree! Not too bad! We got ornaments to decorate this tree, but we decided to start a tradition of getting a new ornament every year to add to our family Christmas tree. This year we will just have one, but after 30 years we will have enough to fill a whole tree! Getting married has been such a blessing, especially when we can create our own traditions and make lasting memories!
i'm so glad you saw midnight in paris!! i LOVE that movie! dustin and i went to target on saturday to get that EXACT tree and it was sold out :( it looks beautiful in your apartment!
ReplyDeleteYour tree is so cute! I LOVE it!! And I think it's a wonderful tradition to get a new ornament every year.
ReplyDeleteWasn't Midnight in Paris so good?!?! I thought it was really well done and so entertaining.
Yes! Midnight in Paris was awesome! I loved when he would go back in time, it was like the audience was going back in time with him. I liked his character a lot, even if he wasn't the total funny guy.
ReplyDeleteI wasn't sure about getting a fake tree, but I actually like it a lot since I can reuse it year after year, and the candle pretty much gets the job done :)